Custom T-Shirts

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Restaurant Review: Romano's Macaroni Grill, South Portland, Maine

For Valentine's Day, my girlfriend and I went to Romano's Macaroni Grill in South Portland, Maine. Because it was Valentine's Day, I made sure to make a reservation. Because it was that day, I took what I could get, which was 5:45 PM.

We got to the restaurant and was seated promptly. Our waitress was a great gal by the name of Karen; she made us feel comfortable. The restaurant itself had an Italian restaurant decor. The lighting was adequate but it may have made the interior seem a little worn.

We ordered one of the specialty drinks - the Venetian Lemonade. It was tasty and not strong. Bread was brought to the table to dip in the peppered olive oil; once again, tasty! Because it was Valentine's Day, my girlfriend received a complementary rose. Nice touch.

We both ordered the "Make Your Own Pasta Bowl" option. It was priced at $9.99 before adding meat or salad. It came out very quickly and was delicious (I wish I had asked them to go easy on the pasta). We also both got a desert (they have a lot of choices). It was fresh and sweet, just how I like it!

Overall, a great night that ended up just over $50. We were almost comatose from the carbs. From this visit, I would definitely recommend this Macaroni Grill location.

No comments: