Custom T-Shirts

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Doug Examines the Constitution! - We the People

With all the talk about what's constitutional and what's not, I thought it might be fun to refresh my memory in what it actually says.

Previously: Doug Examines the Constitution! - Prologue

-from the Constitution in it's original form:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

I like the idea of forming "a more perfect Union"; I try to be more perfect. I know I'm not perfect but I can become better. That's what I feel the founding fathers were expressing.

And how would they become more perfect? By:

  • establishing justice
  • insuring domestic peace
  • providing an army to protect the citizens
  • keeping a certain level of care for citizens
  • benefiting from being free

And it will be established by the following laws and rules of government we call the Constitution.

You can find out more about the Constitution at the Charters of Freedom site.

Next: Article 1

No comments: